What do you get when you mix a bunch of scientists and engineers that are eager to share their knowledge with the world? A webinar series, of course!
We are proud to introduce SoundByte: A SoundEarth Webinar Series. We are so excited to share all of our industry knowledge with you! Be sure to register below if you find the current topic intriguing.
2/16/21: The Next Phase in Phase 1 ESAs — Upcoming revisions to ASTM E1527
A new ASTM standard for Phase I Environmental Site Assessments is being issued for the first time since 2013. The ASTM Task Group is in the process of revising the existing standard and is expected to submit a revised standard to the EPA in 2021. This SoundByte presentation will summarize the anticipated changes, as well as the impact that they may have on your due diligence process and long-term obligations as a landowner. Topics of discussion include:
- Additional requirements for adjoining property research
- Long-term obligations for property owners if recognized environmental conditions (RECs) are identified
- Emerging contaminants such as PFAS
- The difference between RECs, Historical RECs, and Controlled RECs
12/17/20: Protecting Your Employees During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Managing the Indoor Work Environment
A webinar on the latest research on the coronavirus, observations from industrial hygiene COVID-19 fieldwork, and the best personal protective equipment, work practices, and air quality/ventilation needed to stay safe in the workplace. Both indoor and outdoor workplaces will be addressed, though the focus will be on the indoor working environment. We are excited to show you the most current research and help you protect your employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. This class is taught by a Certified Industrial Hygienist from EHS-International, a subsidiary of SoundEarth Strategies, but is designed for a wide audience and no background in science is needed. The goal is practical information that can be applied to any workplace at a low cost.
11/19/20: Environmental History of Seattle – What to Expect When You're Redeveloping
This presentation provided developers, attorneys, and others involved in the real estate market with an understanding of how the commercial and industrial development of Seattle has resulted in environmental impacts and where those impacts are most likely to be encountered throughout the region. Specifically, the presentation addressed the impacts that are commonly encountered in the vicinity of the Lower Duwamish Waterway, SODO, downtown Seattle, Capitol Hill, South Lake Union, and Ballard.
10/15/20: Don't Eat These PCULs: Preliminary Cleanup Levels for the LDW
SoundByte explored some issues associated with the Lower Duwamish Waterway Preliminary Cleanup Levels, or PCULs (pickles), that include:
• What are the PCULs and how do they fit into the MTCA framework?
• When are the PCULs applied to a site?
• What analytical considerations need to be taken to achieve the PCULs?
• What are the implications of using the PCULs to inform a site investigation?
9/22/20: Is the New, Expedited VCP Program Right for Your Site?
– A better understanding of the regulatory closure pathways that exist
– Application details for the new expedited VCP process
– Know where to start when you have questions about your site