EHS-International, Inc. (EHSI) is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. This position plays a key role in our firm and is responsible for helping manage the accounting department functions and accounting team, providing day-to-day leadership and mentoring to a team of accounting professionals. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations of the organization using accrual accounting methods with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Manage and execute the month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial data in compliance with GAAP and company policies.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, ensuring that all financial information is complete and accurate for all internal and external reporting.
- Review, analyze, and reconcile the general ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances are reflected in the financial statements.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Maintain the company’s fixed asset schedule.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Supervise accounting staff.
- Participate in implementation of systems directly utilized by Accounting, including defining system requirements, testing, and training.
- Participate in annual financial and government audits by planning and coordinating PBC lists and audit support deliverables.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience required; experience in public accounting, professional services, or government contracting preferred
- Experience coaching and managing others
- Effective time management and organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize while simultaneously managing numerous projects and processes, often under tight deadlines
- Experience implementing technology systems preferred
- Experience with Deltek Ajera, Vision or VantagePoint a plus
- Must be a United States citizen